- Healthy skin inside and out
- Protection against infections
- Antioxidant and immune system booster
- Protects against some forms of cancer
- Essential for night vision
Vitamin A Promoters:
- Works with zinc. Vitamin C and E help protect it.
Top Vitamin A Foods
|Beef Liver||Veal Liver||Carrots||Watercress||Cabbage|
Vitamin A Assessment
Score 1 point for each symptom that you experience on a REGULAR basis.
_______ Mouth ulcers or cold sores
_______ Reduced night vision
_______ Acne, rashes,or skin infections
_______ Frequent colds or infections
_______ Dry, flaky skin or itching skin
_______ Dandruff or dry scalp
_______ Thrush or cystitis
_______ Athlete’s foot
_______ Diarrhea or mushy, watery stools
Vitamin A Score _________
If you scored 2 or more this means you need more of this nutrient. Refer back to the list of foods containing Vitamin A. Over the next few weeks try to include some of the listed foods in your diet.