- Strengthens immune system
- Fights infections
- Makes collagen-keeping bones, skin, and joints firm and strong.
- Antioxidant-detoxifying pollutants
- Protects against cancer
- Protects against heart disease
- Helps make anti-stress hormones
- Turns food into energy
Top Foods Containing Vitamin C
- Bioflavonoids in fruit and vegetables increase the effects of Vitamin C
- Works with B Vitamins to produce energy
- Works with Vitamin E as an antioxidant
Vitamin C Assessment
Score 1 point for each symptom that you experience on a REGULAR basis.
_______ Frequent colds
_______ Lack of energy
_______ Frequent infections
_______ Bleeding or tender gums
_______ Easy bruising
_______ Slow wound-healing
_______ Red pimples on skin
Total Vitamin C Score _______
If you scored 2 or more points you need Vitamin C. Please look over the list of foods containing Vitamin C. Over the next few weeks include foods from the list in your diet.