- Helps maintain strong and healthy bones by retaining calcium.
- Has anti-inflammatory compounds
- Helps prevent some cancers
- Helps with depression
Top foods containing Vitamin D
- Sufficient exposure to sunlight, as Vitamin D is made by the skin. Under these conditions dietary Vitamin D may not be necessary.
- Vitamins A, C, and E protect Vitamin D.
Vitamin D Assessment
Score 1 point for each symptom that you experience on a REGULAR basis.
_______ Back pains
_______ Tooth decay
_______ Hair loss
_______ Muscle twitching or spasms
_______ Joint pain or stiffness
_______ Weak bones
_______ Arthritis or osteoporosis
Total Vitamin D Score _______
If you scored 2 or more points you need Vitamin D. Look over the list of foods containing Vitamin D. Over the next few weeks include these foods in your diet.